Onision Community

The official site for fans of Onision, hosted by Onision.

Forum

How Much College De...

How Much College Debt Do You Have?  

RSS

Onision
(@niqmo127)
Member Admin
21/08/2019 10:24 pm  

Just wondering... what is your college debt like?

Topic Tags
Amethyst
(@blasian)
21/08/2019 11:03 pm  

I don't have any luckily. I got a Pell Grant which is basically free money.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
23/08/2019 6:01 am  

Tens of thousands of dollars. I'm a scholarship student so some of it was paid off, but it was only after I had completed my first year that they had cancelled the classes I needed to get the career I am after. So after this degree I'm going off to get another expensive degree (^__^") It's quite depressing, really. But I want this job so badly.

ReplyQuote
Jackilyn
(@jackilyn)
28/08/2019 9:31 am  

I was lucky enough to receive a fast pitch softball scholarship, which paid for everything except my dorm cost... I was approved for a pell grant & that was enough to cover my dorm expenses... 

However, my 3rd year of college, I didn’t want to play ball anymore & couldn’t due to tearing my ACL & MCL... I decided I wanted to further my education & graduate so I had to have financial help in order to do so. I ended up getting a student loan & im still paying for it & im 33 yrs old!!! Long story short(er)... I owe $1,500 & Sallie Mae (the bank) reminds me of this almost daily lol! 

Sorry for the novel... I just talked to a friend on this topic & felt the need to comment lol! Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!

ReplyQuote
Tab
 Tab
(@onryouji)
Eminent Member
29/08/2019 8:21 pm  

Nooooone cuz my dumbass didn’t go to college lmao. Straight into the workforce for me, yeah buddy, 

i wish i had gone to school, though. Bleh 

MayhemMom liked
ReplyQuote
Rey
 Rey
(@rey1998)
30/08/2019 1:16 pm  

Right now I have a little under 5k I need to pay off.

Originally I went to school for computer animation, you know, the whole follow your passions thing. But as I worked on it I started hating my art and my passions became a chore. 

I had stellar grades and a 100% in biology so I got an offer from a school in Kentucky for a scholarship that covers 80% of my tuition. I've been really passionate about animals and work at a pet store (LOVE the animals at my job, hate the people) and decided that I REALLY could be a veterinarian if I wanted to. So I'm switching to get my Pre Vet degree if I can pay off my 5k by fall of 2020. (And this degree I won't have to pay for at all after the Pell Grant and scholarships!!)

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
31/08/2019 3:56 pm  

13k. It was the stupidest decision I made and although I succeeded and had A's, being in the field sucked ass. I went for Dental Assisting but since I was a teenager I always had a thing for web development and illustration. I opted for what school was cheaper but being in the dental field is ridiculous. It has had some good moments but in the end there's so many dds's that will rip you off and pay their staff less than what fast food restaurants pay their employees. It's really rare to find an honest office.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by

Jackilyn liked
ReplyQuote
Phillip
(@h2h1z)
31/08/2019 4:00 pm  

I went to devry like a retard and now have about 90k debt

ReplyQuote
Miu
 Miu
(@mewtwo)
13/09/2019 6:21 am  

I’m lucky that my parents are financially supportive of me, and have put me through uni. It sucks that it’s not the case for tons of people out there’s. 

MayhemMom liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register