Onision Community

The official site for fans of Onision, hosted by Onision.

Forum

PS2 Game Recommenda...

PS2 Game Recommendations?  

RSS

USS Prometheus Cabin Girl
(@uss-prometheus-cabin-girl)
17/09/2019 6:06 pm  

I recently bought a PS2 from a friend of mine for super cheap and now I'm trying to build up my game collection for it. I currently have: Katamari Damacy (one of my favorites), Red Dead Revolver, the Family Guy game, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, all the Max Payne games, and all the Resident Evil games.

(Side question: does anyone have the Lord of the Rings games? If so, are they fun/true to the books?

Miki
 Miki
(@miki)
18/09/2019 5:48 am  

Thinking back to the good ol' days... Tomb Raider, The Simpsons Hit n Run, Sims, Rayman..., The Italian Job was also a secret love of mine. Tony Hawk. I'm sure there are many more I'll remember later. :p

The LOTR: The Return of the King was really fun iirc. 

ReplyQuote
DogRainDance
(@dograindance)
20/09/2019 6:38 am  

This definitely depends which game genres you prefer, but I'll toss out a few that I personally adored (and still adore to this day). I personally love turn-based RPGs.

Shadow Hearts was a really excellent RPG. It had an interesting battle system compared to other games at the time especially. I liked the story as well and found it quite engaging.

The first Kingdom Hearts was basically a masterpiece (I have a lot of nostalgic bias toward it though hah) so I highly recommend the first one. The second one was okay, but not really in the same ballpark in my opinion.

Of course I have to recommend Mortal Kombat Deception, which I loved, especially since I grew up playing MK on the Sega Genesis hah. I also grew up playing Tekken so I loved Tekken 4 and 5, which are both on the PS2.

And then .hack//Infection, .hack//Mutation, .hack//Outbreak, and .hack//Quarantine I enjoyed quite a bit, but many friends over the years have confessed they find the battle system to be lackluster - which I can completely understand.

Final Fantasy X was on PS2 as well. If you have a backwards compatible PS2 that can play PSX games, then man, I've got a shit ton I could toss your way hah. Anyway, hope this helps. Enjoy! I still play my PS2 usually at least once a week!

ReplyQuote
DogRainDance
(@dograindance)
20/09/2019 6:39 am  

Oh don't forget Xenosaga!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register